View Single Post
Old January 25, 2009, 03:24 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck
the film is problematic in many aspects, yet the fanaticism often at display in condemnation of supposed insults to islam are equally problematic. when i walked across the park earlier today, i noticed a c shaped turd perched on top of a semi rotten leaf. one glance was sufficient for me to avoid it and not even think about what i saw. if the general muslim populace ignore the cinematic efforts of wilders, it would turn into what i saw in the park. wilders aspires notoriety. talking about him, talking about his publications and productions offer him the very podium that we want to sweep away from underneath his crooked feet. that in itself would spell the demise of the likes of him as well as the racism that is presently being expressed under the guise of islamophobia.
thats one way to look at it. and it is true that the film (or any propoganda) has a very low success rate in terms of persuasion capability. most people who buy into the ideology of "fitna" already bought into it. and those who would call it "rubbish" would have said that before they watched the movie. this is undoubtedly true.

but the clearest indicator of whether its working or not is to see what happens. is wilders upset at the prosecution or does he embrace it for whatever reason? since he clearly views it in a negative light, our job is done. we must simply do whatever negates him. especially since this is actually working withing the law and establishment.

#OneTeam1Dream