Thread: Be aware
View Single Post
Old September 24, 2004, 10:24 AM
Cricket Legend

Chinaman, thanks for choosing the word 'alaka' for instance.
I want to share my understanding about this word 'alaka', as I tried to understand this from Arabic Shiekhs (as it is called 'Moulana" in our place).
In fact 'alaka' is nothing but the early stage of foetus ('bhrun' in Bangla), which just looks like a clotted blood by naked eye (as we can see in some zygote egg yolks). This is only one of the multistages of growth in the womb. Allah(SWT) has described clearly in several 'ayat' that He has created man from sperm(nutfah), then foetus(alaka) then.... Actually by saying "created man from alaka" does not mean to understand that alaka is the secret of creation, or start point of creation, rather this mean the Greatness of the Creator, who creates and transforms from a tiny alaka to a full grown baby.
Problem of understanding started when The Holy Quran was being translated in other languages. In Bangla it could be easily written as " bhrun theke..." in place of "Jomat rakto theke...". I read some article about translations of islamic religious books, where the writer correctly commented that Quran was translated by those (someone who knows arabic but knows nothing about science) who are not fully capable of doing this, whereas who is capable(the scientists) are relactant to do this.

Here I am writing the translation of three ayat from Surah Al-Mu'minun:

"And indeed we created man out of an extract of clay{12} Thereafter We made him (the offsprings of Adam) as a Nutfah (and lodged it) in a safe lodging (womb of the mother){13} Then we made the nutfah into an alaka, then We made the alaka into a little lump of flesh, then We made out of that little lump of fleshy bones, then we clothed (covered) the bones with flesh, and then we brought it forth as another creation; so blessed be Allah, the Best of creators{14}