View Single Post
Old January 26, 2009, 09:19 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
Big time Foe.

For our boys I am against all kind of T20 games. Emnei impatient. If they play more of these sort of jodi laigga jai matches they will be soon follow their T20 performance in test. Which in clear words will out in one session.
Tigers_eye , you are giving 20-20 more credit that it deserves.Players wont change overnight.ODI cricket has improoved the quality of Test cricket over the years and the same will happen with 20-20.

I am not a big fan of 20-20 not because its going to diminish the quality of cricket (I think it will improove) but rather it might slowly kill Test cricket by virtue of its popularity.

If you look at the people who shined in last IPL or the 20-20 WC you would see that only good players have succeeded ..

There was a dicsussion on slogging in another thread ..sloggers will not succeed any form even in 20-20 , they might have a good innings here are there (which is true in ODI and tests) but will eventually fail.

Shewag and Ghambir are good in all forms so will Marsh and Watson.Class players will succeed in any format.The only thing I see different in this format is that this game is a young mans game, its hard to see the old timers tailor their game to this new format.This happened when ODI's were first introduced.Its more to do with adapting to the format than anything else.