View Single Post
Old February 3, 2009, 01:47 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Liton Das

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yameen
u must be joking!

the name american football is messed up to start off with. All i see it as, its a woosies version of rugby.

baseball is another dummy version of cricket which has also like american soccer failed to reach the world stage.

Pardon my ignorance, but these two games are followed and played mainly in the states and the lack of glamour and 'wow' factor in these sports have resulted in failure in a world wide audience. Here in the UK, american soccer is played like cricket is played argentina.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yameen
well i have played a bit of baseball and watched some games and didnt really enjoy that much, was quite disappointed and dont know what all the hype is about.

Yeh ive seen many football games, I love it!
but i think ur referring to american soccer or football as u guys call it. Again, its just a glorified version of rugby where they cover themselves with padding and helmets chasing after a loaf of bread.
Troll Alert! Seriously though, you might want to stop pretending like the typical jealous European. Judging from a lot of your posts, you're one of those people who consider themselves more British than Bangladeshi...and thats perfectly fine by me. But all this Anti-American bashing seems a wee bit forced to me...Almost like you're looking around the forums for threads to bash them in. If you dont like American Football, move along and post somewhere else. No need to try to rile everybody up...

By the way, just because you seem to be so intent on acting like them...you might want to know that a lot of Brits live for American pop culture. You say "American Soccer" has the popularity of cricket in Argentina? The last game in Britain drew a crowd of over 83,000 (Not that anyone here cares, i just looked it up right now because you intrigued me)...