View Single Post
Old March 3, 2009, 09:47 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraz
This is a serious issue for the whole sub-continent including Bangladesh. Sportspersons were never a terrorist target in this region. Now it happend in Pakistan and it may well happen in India, Sri Lanka or even in Bangladesh if forces outside the individual country are behind such attacks. On the other hand, if local terrorists are to blame, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka and possibly India are safe for cricketers.

It's a sad sad day for cricket as a whole. Pakistan government has failed to provide the security to their guests. They promised state head like security for the Indians, but they opted for only routine police security for the Sri Lankans. This is a huge mistake and no
t only pakistan but also cricket as whole will suffer for this security blunder.
I agree except the bold one. No player is safe. You forgot about copy cat attack. I wish WC11 just moved from subcontinent. I have little faith of our security arrangement (remember the thugs of BDR met PM without any check) and the audacity of our home grown terrorist (bombing 61 district simultaneously or keeping a large metropolis like Bombay hostage for three days)