View Single Post
Old May 15, 2009, 02:10 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanCricFan
Although, weed might not be as dangerous drug as alcohol or otherwise but still has significant health, social and economic consequences! Therefore, I would not be joining the "legalize it" revolution. Neither, will I condemn once-in-a-blue-moon smoker as a drug addict. I would rather join the "criminalize alcohol and tobacco" march!

But, Islamically speaking, it would be prohibited outright. Unless, prescribed by a qualified physician, of course :-)
Actually marijuana posess no significant health risk. Two myths about marijuana is that "it increases the chances of lung cancer" " It damages brain cells"... Neither of them are PROVEN as of yet. Bad part abt marijuana may be the smell and the discomfort that it may cause to the passive smokers. And a person high on marijuana is the least likely to commit a crime since it numbs your reflexes.

Islamically speaking, someone once told me that having anything that can cause damage to your body is haram. It the statement is true than marijuana should not be haram, but smoking and drinking should be haram. Even smoking shisha should be haram.