View Single Post
Old April 11, 2003, 12:42 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim, Riyad, Ashraful

Quote:
Akram Khan and Aminul Islam were both out of the side so that the selectors/team management would not be blamed for their poor performace with the bat. Now that Akram Khan is in the squad again, so the game has already started. This time, Wisden started it. So I would say that it was coming.
Most of us are saying that BCB doesn't listen to us. But I think the problem is that they do listen to us. They shouldn't!

I will try to explain: Let's say before gaining test status - we lost all but 3 of our ODIs. Is that a case for giving us test status? NO - it was that large fan base and good performance by the youngsters in the U-19, or U-15 or whatever level. Now we got test status. We play with the old fools - we fail. So what is the logical thing to do? Gradually replace our whole team with brighter and younger prospects. We make our case - BCB does it.
Now the youngsters are getting worn out! We experience a shame in the WC. Now we complain and make a case that a team should be consisted of youth and experience - and they do it. (Athar Ali even mentioned that today in his analysis - just sad)

So they are basically doing what majority of us want - which means they don't know what the hell they are doing. Is going by the majority a good thing?

NO - because majority of the people do not have the vision (yes I will use that word). Majority is average and average is stupid! We need that exceptional, out of ordinary thinking ppl running cricket in our country. What is obvious is not always the best.

Perhaps, they should have just made a team with talent and sticked with it from the beginning or perhaps they should have given more chances to Newer players....or perhaps they should have kept Nannu and Athar....or perhaps they should have just listened to damn Gordon!

So do I have the solution for Bangladesh? NO I don't and Neither do any of you! We must find ppl that are capable ... and to do that....

an "obvious obvious" thing to do would be to take out politics from sports! because politics is a barrier to the vision.

(by politics I just don't mean ONLY the political group intereference but also the politics within)

But who is gonna listen to this? Well, to whom it concerns. So whom does this concern? anyone of you know? Cuz I don't!!

(Ok Now I think I am confused - I should sleep now - too much cricket and frustation?? <-- more like "HAHA pain")