View Single Post
Old April 11, 2003, 09:26 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim, Riyad, Ashraful
Default AH! Pundit!

Quote:
Orpheus, what on earth were you trying to say ?
LOL, I had a feeling I was gonna get a response like that. In brief, I was saying that most of us are stupid (average) and people in charge shouldn't listen to us. They should stick to their own plan but that is AFTER we find competent ppl. Maybe it's you with the vision (because you seem to understand the ideal position for Mashud), so why don't you go and run BCB. (and I literally mean that, I don't use sarcasm). Who is responsible ("concern") for the improvement of our cricket? It's us!!!

Quote:
Masud being brought up as a wk simply never had the talent to weather the opening part of an innings. But his perseverence has in time turned him into a dodgy run collector
Oh Yeah!! Perseverence?? I guess if I, who never held a cricket bat in his hand go to the field with loads of determination to score a century. I will. right?? Mashud has talent and I will tell you where he gets it from. Perhaps he wasn't a batsman but just came to the team as a wk. But he learned from behind those stumps. I mean if you are behind good players like Jsuriya, Lara, Ponting, Flowers, Tendulkar or even Tikolo for all your cricket career - you tend to pick up a few technique here and there. He saw how those players handled this ball and how they handled that ball. Think of the possibilties only if our bowlers had variation. Therefore, I don't think it's illogical (not that i support this) that moving Mashud up the order may strengthen our middle order.

So I suggest you try not to look smarter by belittling others because that's just cheap.

[Edited on 12-4-2003 by Orpheus]