View Single Post
Old June 24, 2009, 02:28 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siraji
NO, my idea is that stats cannot prove who is a match winner. Stats will show a 14 ball 27. It's importance is moot in terms of stats, unless you weigh the runs with SR, but then again some times slowpokes innings are as important. So I'd say measuring a match winning capability should not be a criteria of selection or judgement.
I agree that stats cannot prove who is a match winner. However, when a MOm is awarded, its awarded based on everything that the judge see on the game. not only the score card. if you don't believe the concept of 'match maker' I salute you.

But I don;t agree with people who says stat cannot judge a match winnerand then in the next thread say that he or she is a match winner without showing any measurable criteria.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siraji
IMO, focussing on matchwinners is futile and fool's business.Build up a team first.
I also don't believe in match winner. thats why I opened this thread. I wanted to make sure no body should get a free ride in the team in the name of "match winner" as we don't have any in out TEST team .

Last edited by Fazal; June 24, 2009 at 02:36 AM..