View Single Post
Old June 24, 2009, 02:38 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib,Ganguly,Vettori,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
I agree that stats cannot prove who is a match winner. However, when a MOm is awarded, its awarded based on everything that the judge see on the game. not only the score card. if you don't believe the concept of 'match maker' I salute you.

But I don;t agree with people who says stat cannot judge a match winnerand then in the next thread say that he or she is a match winner without showing any measurable criteria.

I also don't believe in match winner. thats why I opened this thread.

For BD, where NO player ever carried his good form for more than a series or at best 3~5 matches, MOM awards of one match can not affect the next matc.

I know who you're talking about. Yeah, that's a good escape clause in their rulebook.
Players deserve their due credit for great performance(like Ash's 100, 87,158*) butif we allow them to consider one great innings to be a promised free rides for the next year, naturally they won't perform. This is one mentality that no one is prepared to shed, lest their little escape clause is busted. But what massege does this take to the players, or the young ones?

No wonder Chappel called us spineless.