View Single Post
Old June 24, 2009, 09:05 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaseer
Match winner can't be defined only with Satistics and counting the MoM performances. Yes, these can give you an idea but can't describe everything. As statistics of a match winner can be poor if he is not consistently sroring runs. But not being able to do that consistently does not make you not being a match winner.
Agree. MOM doesn;t give the whole picture. Thats you also need to see his average to complement with MOM for batsman to evaluate.

Regarding "Match winner can't be defined only with Satistics", I agree its better than nothing. Its batter than fans claimimg he is our next tendulker and she is our next Imran Khan, and he is our ONLY match winner tag without any concrete evidence to back up.

And As I said in my last comment, MOM may be incomplete way to judge a Match Winner, but its not true that MOM is only decided purely based on score card. Judges consider other aspect of the player's contribution and effect on game also. Thats why not always the higest scorer get the MOM award.