View Single Post
Old June 26, 2009, 12:42 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Dale Willem Steyn

This is a strategy of BCB. Any new nation has to take a particular strategy to develop their Cricket System. You can go for Conventional Way or You can be Creative and adopt a New Way. I think BCB has taken the second one. They didn't follow the conventional way that Zimbabwe took earlier on 1992, when they achieved Test Status. They allowed Dave Houghton to play.

BCB wants the current players to be experienced and take the responsibility. Till now for some players they are successful like Mashrafe, Ashraful, Shakib. Razzak was also an auto choice for ODI but after coming back from his action controversy, he is little shaky. This is international Cricket and part of career. It is time to see whether he can come back or not. If he wants to come back he has to fight. This is the FACT of playing International Cricket. You have to accept & win this. Mashrafe got injured many times and he came back.

Aftab & Shahriar Nafees has achieved this auto choice position but Aftab has gone for ICL & SN has gone for his Technical Fault that he has to improve to get his position in International Level (ICL also another reason). None of the other players could make it possible. I should tell about another person Manzarul Rana. He also got that auto choice position for ODI. We are unfortunate.

Well, Till Now I support the strategy. Because this is not the right time to judge the success or failure of their strategy. We have to wait for some more times. Pakistan has Hasan Raja but they also had Javed Miandad, Mushtaq Muhammad. Both of these players started their career before 20. The example is a bit heavy but I just want to tell there is a chance. If all the above mentioned players of Bangladesh can achieved their position again than it will be a good thing. We can also include Tamim here. I am just waiting to see a big innings from him. I don’t think the team with Tamim, Shahreer Nafis, Ashraful, Aftab, Shakib, Mashrafe and Razzak will be a bad one for Bangladesh. If some other players can add that value to the team than it is better.