View Single Post
Old June 26, 2009, 01:28 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

well one of the reasons for new players is that every year the young guys coming in are better than the last, so it's a pretty easy decision for the selectors to go with the younger players because they're the better ones. i think finally BD are getting to a point where they've found a group of players who will become decent players with some experience e.g. shakib, rubel, naeem, raqibul, tamim, riyad (and dhiman is already decent with the gloves) etc for the last year or so they seem to be keeping alot of these players in the national team/squad, hopefully it continues like this. actually i think the main issue atm or in the recent future will be players who are slightly older than most of the current bunch i.e. ashraful, alok, aftab, SN etc these players have always had talent but have never been able to be consistent, i think the newer guys look like they're more likely to be consistent than the ashrafuls and aloks but no doubt the ash's and aloks will find their way into the national team i just hope they finally find consistency when they do.

once the ICLers are available for the national team again i'll be very interested to see if the current group can hold off the ICLers like alok, aftab, SN, nazimuddin and reza (not sure whether they'll be able to hold dhiman off simply because he's just that much better than the next best gloveman).