View Single Post
Old June 30, 2009, 09:23 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gowza
come on i want to see both fawad and razzaq in the final XI, and is it me or are pakistan throwing aamer into things too quickly? i know he's a talented kid but in just a month or two he's gone from an up and coming 16/17 year old prospect to their premier bowler, i hope the kid can handle this as he's a great prospect for the future of international cricket.
well they don't have much of a choice...muhammad talha and sohail khan, both nearly as quick as aamer if not just as pacy, make shaun tait look accomplished. asif is still suspended, and the less said of akhtar the better. gul cannot carry the load all by himself, especially on pancake SC pitches. methinks, razzak, gul, aamer will shoulder the pace attack with perhaps rauf being a 4th seamer who will turn his arm over for 10 overs or so. kaneria better get in form, cuz with afridi out, there ain't no other spinner in the side.

on the other hand, i can't wait to see this new AAG attack of Asif, Aamir, and Gul. should be good times.

i don't any big name bowler has every come onto the scene at such a young age. wasim, waqar, mortaza were all 18 when they debuted. wonder how old the windies greats and mcgrath were when they got their test caps...
I drop knowledge so heavy it leaves the world unbalanced, exterminating the spiritual force of all that challenge, I'm the lyrical apocalypse that crumbles the granite, replacing you as the dominant species on the planet.