View Single Post
Old July 14, 2009, 01:07 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Dale Willem Steyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZGOD
Why is it not worthy? A win is a win. Don't get lulled into the mindset of "but it was a shlt team we should have beaten them". Should have and did are two different states. You can only play who's in front of you, and you executed well in this match. Your team was under pressure in trying to take all 10 WI wickets with 15 overs to go on Day 5, with your captain injured and off the field, and it was able to do it. The batsmen responded with Tamim scoring a ton, and the bowlers responding by taking the 10 wickets needed. That in itself should give BD a massive confidence boost. That's how you develop a winning mentality and mental fortitude - by winning, no matter who it's against. Whoever you won against doesn't matter - the fact is you won. The goal is to keep winning (again no matter who it's again, they all blur into each other after a while).
Thank you again. But I just don't want to be over confident and over react. The way we are celebrating, seems we won against main team. You are right that it may boost up our team morality but as we are very emotional in nature we need to calm down and should wait for a win against any main team. If we start to perform like previous, our cricket will be in trouble.

You are looking all the things from a very optimistic point of view. But judging our previous record I don't want to be over optimistic. We perform good previously but we failed to keep that performance. That's why I want to keep my foot on ground.

Have a Nice Time.