View Single Post
Old July 14, 2009, 01:19 AM
Inactive

Favorite Player: John Rennie

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZGOD
No worries mate, I hear where you're coming from. But you may be underestimating how important winning is to a sportsman's psyche. Think back to when you played sport, in the under-10s, in high school, at uni or socially after uni - which nights were you most psyched, where you felt you could beat anyone and anything seemed possible? After a win I reckon. Winning is infectious, and does wonders for one's mental state. So what if the team was substandard? It's still a win, achieved under conditions similar to that which the other team faced. If winning was so easy the other team should've done it too.

I hear you about the WI team being underpowered, but you can only play who's in front of you, and your goal is to beat them. So far your team has done all expected of it. As long as they keep their feet on the ground and keep wanting to improve on their performances, and have management staff holding them accountable for their performances, that's all you can ask of them.

Cricket is as much mental as physical. I will go so far as to say that if your team can sweep its Caribbean adventure, that will be a huge benefit from a mental point of view and will help you in the future, no matter who they played against. You can only play - and beat - who is in front of you.
Addendum: Win is a win. So by that logic Jesus and Warfaze do the wins from the likes of South Africa and Australia against BD doesn't "count" as they are "minnows"? So you should have no room for complaint if we lose against them as it should be "given." Make up your mind dudes.