Originally Posted by Siraji
You know there's a bangla proverb, meaning "What is easy can't be done easily". Really, it's not the third order differential equation that you'll make a mistake about in the exams, it's the simle calculations that will be mistaken.
Hopefully our boys will stick to the basics.
Sticking to the basics always helps (or it did for me, since I wasn't all that blessed with talent as a cricketer lol):
- defend the good ball
- put away/score on the bad balls
- put a high price on your wicket
- be patient - you have 5 days to win
- be consistent
- minimise the bad balls
- make the batsman work for their runs
- make them play as much as possible
- if you get hammered, don't lose heart - concentrate on putting the ball in the right area