View Single Post
Old July 28, 2009, 10:38 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee

Wow... what a peculiar problem we have now.. what do you do when you win the series and have another big one ( If we lose to Zimbabwe, everthing goes down the drain. Period) coming up? Yes, resting some players will be helpful in the sense of giving the bench a bit practice before the next series. Since Rasel just came back, I would still think he needs to continue and get back his rythm. If there are couple of players who needs resting,,, I would say Zunaed / Rubel are the right candidates. Zunaed wont get any better... he is what he is. Rubel can sit and see the game while Robin/Nazmul can play a game and collect match fee. Saqib can be rested but I dont think that will happen because he still needs to hone his captaincy skills with the next match. If he decides to rest,,, Mushfique is the "automatic" choice for captain. Mehrab is the right choice because of his ability to bowl as well which Imrul wont be able to perform. All in all,, we have a unique situation here but I am loving it and will still bet my money on "Team Bangladesh"