View Single Post
Old July 29, 2009, 08:31 AM

I don't like the idea of Sakib taking a rest, if he thinks he need rest then its OK, but not for the sake of giving others 'experience'. BD no 'Big Boy', Sakib no 'Big man' [yet], and no need for acting such [giving experience to others].

From BD Point of view it could be a dead rubber, but from WI point of view its a 'Do or Die' game to make a point, which suggests another great competitive game. BD as well as Sakib's [captain] job is not done yet, and its a first ever competitive series asking to be finished clean & white, could be tough to keep everyone motivated and focused while batting, bowling, fielding and most importantly WINNING determination, and such lot more, to learn IN the field, IN the game. Sakib can take rest in Zimbo game or even in 20/20 against WI, I don't mind, but he should finish THE JOB [series], unless he thinks he need rest.

As for Zunaid, Rakib, Mahmudullah ... has not done good enough in this ODI series and since they are the first choice of our best eleven, I don't see why they should be dropped for the sake of 'One shot' experience to the second choice [such as Mehrab]? If Zunaid, Rakib, Mhmudullah can pull off their game in a competitive, tensed match ... isn't THAT experience we should look for? Since they already played few matches against this team, possibility wise they have more chance to do well and they should be given that chance IMO. What experience one [second choice] might get given just One shot' to look?

So my take on this situation is ... Three 'experience' should be better than just one.