View Single Post
Old August 10, 2009, 01:43 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Rohan Kanhai

I remember when Viv first started he was no complete batsman, he used to take balls from outside off-stump and flick it through midwicket effortlessly.

So the Australians began focusing on a 9 inches outside off-stump, that was more like "off-stump" to him. They had their success, they had him caught in the slips, off the edge a few times.....

But it was the biggest mistake they ever made, because they not only turned him into the best leg side player in the world, but he was now one of the best off-side players as well.

Watching FC Cricket in Guyana, I remember how on the international arena he was the hardest hitter of the cricket ball. I disagree. There was a man by the name of Collis King who could hit the ball harder than Viv, I watched both play First Class cricket, no doubt who the better cricketer was, but I think Collis was a harder hitter. However, the most complete hitter I've ever seen is without a doubt Viv.