View Single Post
Old August 14, 2009, 12:17 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by billah
2 reasons, why I think Zunaed might be dropped today.....

1. The pace scenario looks bleak, so, boost the varied spin.
2. Mehrab can bat a bit also.

Looking at the team performances so far, batting is not the worry spot, largely due to the flat deck and to inept fielding to some degree. I'll confess: I am worried about today's match. I am thinking we might even lose.

First, The Vermulen-S.Williams-Taylor-Chigumbura batting - They don't seem to see any demons in our spin. As a matter of fact, 3 of the 4 belted us pretty good in the last match.

Second, they are talking about including another quickie to help Rainsford. If these guys can direct just a few snorters towards the green helmets - big problem. Once these guys start bending their backs, anything can happen.

Statistical reality is, if Shakib had scored his famous century with even twice the number of deliveries in the last match- we would have still called it a "fantastic knock". Although, that would have meant we would have lost the match. One express train from Magura made all the difference.

The same statistical reality says, can't count on Shakib or Tamim to come good today, once again.

Hmm...may be a Mehrab-Mushfiq type late, face-saving partnership will come in handy...
well, we've had two big batting games in a row, so it speaks volumes as to teh flatness of the deck, and the impotence of the bowling attack. so i think tamim, shakib could possibly be counted on to score again. plus shak has only batted once this series!

ash, tamim, rahim, Rock still there who didn't score big last game. although i am not expecting us to score at over 6 runs an over for the entire series, lets see how long it goes.

i really want to see a convincing bowling job, and with nazmul out, that really does dent our bowling. but as long as we have rasel, and a spin committee, we should win.

looking forward to 3-0, en route to 5-0. with robin, nazmul, mehrab, and enam all getting valuable matches under their belt, we are effectively getting a lot of our bench some real match practice.

lets just hope mash can come back to being a tiger in 2 months, and rubel and nazmul are just going through some minor aches and pains.

#OneTeam1Dream