View Single Post
Old August 18, 2009, 07:06 PM
Cricket Sage

ICL is a T20 tournament, Its kind of silly to make a case for ODI or TEST comparing T20 performance.

Just because 'Beyadob" Dhiman didn't do any good in ICL or yet to impress some in the national team doesn't mean it should be the end of his young promising career. Its still too early to discount him. Like Riyad did against all odds, like Dollar did (atleast one game) against all neagtive image, we shouldn't discount these young talenet based on 1 year old performance.

Ofcourse like any non-national players, Dhamin and Co. of ICL all need to perfrom in local leagues as well as team-a and make a strong case to include him/them.

Now our national team (over all) is playing very good, so any new player need to wait further for new opportunity, and it includes all ICL as well as non ICL players.

But there is no point to discriminate these ICL players based on their past mistake. BCB pardoned them and they are given a new life. I think it's time for the fans to forgive and move forward.

If SN, Aftab, Dhmain, who ever brings value to our national team, should be considered same way as Dollar, Nazmul, Imrul, Robin, etc. Sometimes bad individual performace will bring opportunity to the reserve, sometimes injury or team's specific need will bring opportunity to them.

I will wait and see how these ICL players perform in local leage before I make my mind about who should be and who shouldn't be consdiered as a standby to national team.