View Single Post
Old August 19, 2009, 05:30 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: The big hearted ones
Default Why are we always at the receiving end of these Freakish Records!!

Ok, the series is over and we can now indulge our selves in all sorts of analysis, bashing and what not. What I want to discuss in this thread is why Bangladesh is always at the receiving end of freakish records in cricket.

Freakish records that come to mind:
Jason Gillespie’s double ton in test, Vaas’s opening hat trick in a oneday match and now a world record of not out 194 runs by a batsman that I haven’t even heard about before this series. The reason I say these are freakish is because Gillespie is a #10 batsman who didn’t even have a century in his whole life till he played that inning and then Coventry never even had one-day century in his career and now all of a sudden he’s a world record holder ahead of Saeed Anwer for staying not out. Out of these 3 examples only Vaas is well worthy of his performance but to get a hat trick (in fact I think he got 4 wickets in first 5 balls) at the beginning of the inning is anything but normal.

So what’s next? Why are we always at the receiving end of these stats?

These stats definitely make us look like a laughing stock in the international arena.