View Single Post
Old August 20, 2009, 10:23 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by betaar
I understand that if you play cricket or any other sport long enough (which is why all those teams you mentioned have some records against them but our history is pretty short) you are bound to make records or stay at the receiving end of them. But all of those records against us happened within last 4-5 years...........too small a time period if you ask me.
Babarey baba, we just started to play intl. cricket. we are Minnows. We will concede odd records that is the norm.

So you want ugly records within the last 4-5 years? Shall I start? Try me. I will start with Aus not able to defend 400+ runs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by betaar
I also understand that this is the time all the oppositions have their chance against us since we are going through the learning phase but it just hurts to see a batsman of Coventry's callibre to score all those runs against us. He played well (IMHO not well enough to deserve 194 n/o) but our bowling and fielding lack so much penetration that we can not make things happen for us when going gets tough. This is exactly why players ilke Gellispie makes 200 in a test where as none of our top order batsmen ever made one.
The problem is you are hurting too much from that catch misses of Rasel and Riyad. I think Mash's catch miss should hurt you more than those two. Here BD won, there BD let go history. Gilliespie's 200 wouldn't matter then had Mash hold on to that catch. Heck if scored 300 that wouldn't have mattered.

Just look at the bright side. How much room for improvement we have in fielding. Surely we will compete in near future.