View Single Post
Old August 21, 2009, 12:42 PM
First Class Cricketer

That is because we are still a below average performing team..Only when we start performing well against the Top and Stronger teams we would be let oof these dubious records.

Quote:
Originally Posted by betaar
Ok, the series is over and we can now indulge our selves in all sorts of analysis, bashing and what not. What I want to discuss in this thread is why Bangladesh is always at the receiving end of freakish records in cricket.

Freakish records that come to mind:
Jason Gillespie’s double ton in test, Vaas’s opening hat trick in a oneday match and now a world record of not out 194 runs by a batsman that I haven’t even heard about before this series. The reason I say these are freakish is because Gillespie is a #10 batsman who didn’t even have a century in his whole life till he played that inning and then Coventry never even had one-day century in his career and now all of a sudden he’s a world record holder ahead of Saeed Anwer for staying not out. Out of these 3 examples only Vaas is well worthy of his performance but to get a hat trick (in fact I think he got 4 wickets in first 5 balls) at the beginning of the inning is anything but normal.

So what’s next? Why are we always at the receiving end of these stats?

These stats definitely make us look like a laughing stock in the international arena.