Thread: Next Debutant
View Single Post
Old August 24, 2009, 07:37 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

s.shuvo i think.

s.shuvo may take the place of either naeem or riyad if they don't pick things up (at this point it looks like naeem would be the one to get dropped rather than riyad). it's better to have a bowling allrounder that low in the order and both naeem and riyad are batting allrounders, whereas s.shuvo is a bowling allrounder and it just gives a bit more security to the bowling line-up imo.

for shamsur to get in he'd have to take either tamim, junaid, raqibul or ash's spot which i think will be tough atm. if junaid was to get dropped imrul would probably get a run before shamsur and if raqibul or ash are left out then naeem, riyad or mushy may get a promotion rather than bring in a new batsman. plus shamsur will have to compete with the likes of SN, alok and aftab when they're allowed back.

so i guess i'd say s.shuvo has the best chance, but the selectors haven't really been partial to him, unless there is injury i think it will be tough for anyone new to come into the batting or allrounder or spinning spots and this is before the ICLers come back into the fold which would make it even tougher. i think there is more of a chance for a new pacer to be debuted, not just because of all the injuries but because of the performances as well.