View Single Post
Old September 6, 2009, 06:39 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by m
BANFAN,

summarized in two lines:
1. Plants do feel pain, so consuming vegetables is same as consuming animals.
2. Rabindranath does not deserve to be brought into discussion regarding cruelty to animals.

For #1: First, please present your source. No, we cannot live without killing, but can we do that without inflicting pain? And without inflicting the sense of loss of life to the killed? Now, here is one information, in case we do establish that plants experience pain the same way animals does: It takes ten times as much land to produce food for an average American compared to a pure vegetarian. source

For #2: I did not quote Rabindranath as a religious spokesman. And his involvement with ‘Brahma Shamaz’ doesn’t make all his talks religious either. I happened to put an answer in MJeeshan's Jeopardy thread quoting this quote of Rabindranath and it occurred to me that I could start this thread starting with this quote, nothing else. And I have posed my question with no religious intonation whatsoever.
M Bhai; this is the only line line of defense you have:

Quote:
Now, here is one information, in case we do establish that plants experience pain the same way animals does: It takes ten times as much land to produce food for an average American compared to a pure vegetarian.
Pain issue is scientific facts and you can juts check it on line even.

No arguments; just tell me if we don't eat animal to avoid cruelty will the animal increase or reduce? So by eating animal are we saving land for the vegies? any way are we running short of land to produce veg? What do you mean by American (Human, Animal, Veg, Non Veg etc)? Who are these Vegies (American/Indian/Human/animal)?

You can consult any neutritionist; You don't get allkinds of food value in one type of food. A balanced food should consist of Veg & Non Veg both. There are some form of proteins which are only available in meat.

This Veg/Non Veg is so stupid & dumb debate. Still we are doing it