View Single Post
Old October 5, 2009, 06:24 AM
Forever Bangy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BD-Shardul
Cruelty against animals: Animals skinned alive for furs

(Don't watch this video if you have a weak heart like me)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zASomfy7zwA

I can't conceive that such inhumane people exist in this earth. If I am given all the wealth of this world, I will not be able to do this. And people are doing it for money.
I don't think there's any point in questioning why people do this anymore.

I've been too much of a fan of meat all my life to look into vegetarianism but my friend recently showed me a video which no humane person could ignore (Meet your Meat). I have no moral issues with eating meat, I even advocate scientific research using animals. BUT if me eating meat means animals get treated in even a fraction of the way they do in that video then NO THANKS. It's funny to think that all these years I've had no idea where the food I eat every day has come from. But as they say, ignorance is bliss. Shame on you to those who mocked 'm' for opening up this thread, just because you like eating meat. That's so not the issue here. It's not enough to say 'as long as they are treated humanely' because you know what? THEY'RE NOT. For those of you who are brave enough, at least take the plunge and take the effort to find out more and then decide.

And please bringing plants and $hit into this just detracts from the real issue even further.