View Single Post
Old April 1, 2012, 11:15 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shak,TI,Mash,Mushy,Dravid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purbasha T

This is something I can welcome. Let's not let one dictate what the other considers about something being Islamic or not. Let there be a healthy coexistence.
Yeah I completely agree with that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purbasha T

Of course I'm of the same opinion that homosexuality isn't allowed in Islam, and I believe it to be so overwhelming that there is no chance of being the other way, let others think otherwise if they want to. But just like a robber can still be a Muslim despite him being the sinner of robbery, why can't a homosexual still be a Muslim despite being the committer of a sin, albeit of a different type (assuming the abovementioned sins are the only apparent major sins they commit and they both are well versed)? Now unless there's a specific ban on gay people from leading the prayers, I don't see the reason why we ourselves should create a ban.

I'm ready to change my mind if I come across the right evidence.
Of course a robber or homosexual can still be a Muslim and who are we to judge? A robber might be a thousand times better Muslim than me. May be he is treating his sick mother with that money. But do you think it's necessary to establish a mosque for robbers/ homosexuals?? Then we will have to establish a mosque for pedophiles too?? It's like sending a wrong message to the Muslim community. Everyone is welcome to any regular mosque..Aren't they? There is no check point there right. But we can't just encourage certain things which are clearly considered as sin in Islam.

""We also sent Lut : He said to his people : "Do ye commit lewdness such as no people in creation (ever) committed before you? For ye practice your lusts on men in preference to women: ye are indeed a people transgressing beyond bounds." Qur'an 7:80-81