View Single Post
Old September 6, 2007, 08:51 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Games to follow in week 2 are:
1. Va Tech at LSU (2): For Va tech this would be an emotional season. LSU wants to prove that they are legit. This may turn out to be a one sider for the home team, however, Va Tech has the tools to compete with anyone in the nation. My pick would be LSU 32 Va Tech 10.

2. Next Texas (7) hosting TCU (19). Last week Texas got a scare from Arkansas St. TCU is far more explosive. This can be an upset game. Mack Brown must justify his raise by beating non-conference teams.

3. Spurrier bringing his Gamecocks to Bulldog Territory. Before the season started Spurrier said this is the 3rd season and they are ready to win their division. lol, that is just not respecting Florida, Georgia, Tennessee. Even Vandy is much improved this season. South Carolina must win if they are to challenge the division title.

4. Another Cracker. 4 million dollar man Nick Saban who left Dolphins to make Bama a powerhouse faces their first test on the road. Vandy is not huge in Football but this year they may challege anyone. I just wonder what will the fanbase say if they lose to Vandy. In the first practice day of Nick's era there were 92,000+ fans watching. Imagine the pressure in real games.

Other games that may be significant down the roads are:
Nebraska (16) at Wake Forrest (Last years ACC champ)
Navy at Rutgars (15) - After last year every game for Rutgars are important.
Fresno at Texas A&M
Boise St. at Washington
Kent State at Kentucky
Notre Dame at Penn St. (I reluctantly put this one on the list. Notre Dame is over-rated. If Michigan didn't lose the beating by Ga Tech would have been front page in every paper and news media)