View Single Post
Old March 29, 2008, 10:54 PM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by abdulmukit
my expression twrds bangladeshi players

I cannot understand how such players such as ashraful, aftab, shakib and the rest can let the fans down again and again. Sometimes it seems that they are not really interested in playing and that they gamble away their wicket easily. If that is the case then they should leave and let other more able and willing youngsters take a shot. They will not fare much worse in any case. What will they do? Lose some matches?....well the current team losing anyway and to and by big margins which is very dissapointing.

now, some of you may say well we are comming back in the right track again after white washing ireland but i dont agree with this unless they beat pakistan atleast 3-2 and clinch the series.my heart says that they can beat pakis but my mind dont agree at the same time.

sorri if i heart any1's feelings by uknowingly just couldnt control my emotion.

do express your feelings too.

bye for now

Hey bro u are really harsh … be cool down little bit. I totally understand your frustration. Trust me I am also frustrate most of the time,,, but you have to face the reality. I am a old guy in this forum (compare the average age of the forum members) , so I know the old days, you can’t even believe how much we used to celebrate a win even against Bermuda, Malaysia, Hong Kong or MCC team, and a win against Kenya was a big thing for us and a win against Zimbabwe was dream. I am not talking about 19th century, just talking what was the situation only 10 years before. Last ten years obviously made progress and now we play world cup, not only playing world cup, we made second round both in one day and twenty20 game. So you have to be patience and you have to show some respect to our players. Now we can beat any associate team, we have that capability, so it will take another 10/12 years to be an elite team when we will fight with other elite teams equally. Just remember nothing changes overnight. We are a poor nation and not capable of making a good cricket infrastructure. Just think how many cricket grounds we have in Dhaka. For 12 million people, there should have at least standard 20 cricket grounds, how many we have? I don’t even want to talk out side of Dhaka. So its true that we have lots of limitation, even we do not have a proper physical fitness which is one of the most important in any kind of sports. Africans players (football, athletics) overcome lots of hurdle just because of their excellent physical fitness. We are the top ranked corrupted nation and our sports body is not out of that. So as a whole, we have to over come all of those hurdles and then we will see the success and trust me this will take time, if we can solve this problem our success will come early otherwise it will take time.

As a fan, I wish we will win all the time. But that is not reality. So if we win, we should celebrate and wait for the next series or match. If we loss, obviously we are frustrate at that time, however again wait for the next series or match. Because my personal view is, I am not only watching the game or supporting our team to see the win, I love to see my team is playing against the big teams, share the excited moment, share my views with others, watch the madness of the people in the stadium. Result is an important part, not everything, so enjoy a game, and take it easy.

Last edited by r56hg; March 29, 2008 at 11:09 PM..