View Single Post
Old November 8, 2012, 03:35 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsifTheManRahman
I don't get why people hate on Nazim so much here. I mean, sure he's a very limited player and sure he'll likely fail 8 times out of 10, but at least on his comeback Test, he lasted 250+ balls and made 100+ runs at a 50+ average. At least hate on him when he does fail (which will very likely happen), but why before? There are plenty of other players you can go hate on in the meantime.
I don't hate Nazim. As a matter of fact, I like all our players. Sure I might be against their inclusion in to the national team but once they're on the field, they'll have my full 100% support.

That being said, I just have a lot of doubts that he won't cut it at the international level. Yes he did well against Pakistan in Chittagong but look at how much he was exposed in the 2008 and 2012 Asia Cups. That's my main worry of him. With the minimal footwork he has, he could've only got away with it if he had great hand-eye coordination which I believe he doesn't. To be successful in international cricket, you need to make up your shortcomings and limitations with something else but I don't see how Nazim can do that. Shakib and Tamim get away with minimal footwork but look at their hand-eye coordination compared to Nazim. Of course Tamim and Shakib are great talents but you know what I'm trying to say.

I really hope I'm wrong because I do want him to be successful.