View Single Post
Old June 25, 2005, 03:41 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mustafizur Rahman
Default in search of positives

since all our spirits are down after the last two crushing defeats, i thought i'll try to cheer you guys up a little bit by giving you some work. in this thread we can talk about the positives (only positives) that bangladesh can take from this whole tour (including the test series) and use them in the future.

i think the most important thing we've achieved on this tour is self belief. now they actually believe they can beat anyone (doing it regularly is another topic). before the aussie game, bashar actually talked about his intentions to win. i dont think we've ever been this confident in our abilities ever. even the win against india (the second best achievement for us in the odi arena) doesn't measure up to this, simply because of the fact this was a full australian team (best in the world by a distance) that needed to win, and got outplayed by us although they themselves didn't play that poorly. we still wont win a lot of games regularly (yet), but we'll be going into every game knowing we really can win it. thats a huge boost.

the fact that this tournament is being held in england is another plus point. the whole cricket media's attention is on england right now, mainly due to the upcoming ashes series. our win against india didn't stir even a fifth of the ripples in the international water, compared to what we saw after the slaying of australia. the respect level for bd has gone up in leaps, despite of the heavy defeats. because now they're aware that on our day, we can beat the best. which makes us a lot less predictable than before.

okay...you guys can take it from here. i haven't touched on individual players. so, who promises to have a bright future judging from this tour? what are the strong points of our team? i dont know....whatever, just talk about positives.