View Single Post
Old June 29, 2006, 09:52 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorFan
Well, I was not talking about human traficking, I was talking about a 'young Bangladeshi girl of a ordinary family', living legally in Saudi Arabia, who is demanding justice for rape case and was locked up in jail for months, for some unknown reason! Though I can guess the charge against her could be like 'somehow she sextually influanced' that Saudi guy perhaps? Hope you dont think that girl was one of those victim of 'human traficking', do you?
No she is not, but even though, do you think our government will spend any effort to do something about it? Think again. Not everything in this world is justified.

They dont do anything when this sort of incedent happens in our own country. Forget about running after a foreign royal family.

Quote:
Saudi fund many of our schools and other sectors, and we very much appritiate that, but totally a diffrent issue, since it was a individual crime, moreover a rape case! nothing has to do with Saudi fund and Saudi honour and prestige. How come a delegation of a country feel upset in front of press, just because one young girl asking for justice for a rape case? I dont think so.
I think you missed my point. The delegation will not feel upset but embarassed and that will have some unwanted side effects on other matters such as funding and aids we receive from Saudi. Totally different issue but related unfortunately. The government obviously do their homework before any such action. I understand your disgust over this matter and share with you. But I am telling you the reality.

Lets face it, Bangladesh Government doesnt care about its people or citizens overseas unlike other countries. If you get stuck in a earthquake in Turkey, do you think BD government will even bother to check if one of their citizens maybe stuck in there? Let alone take steps to bring you back.

Quote:
Even if they feel upset, do you suggest that girl should be living rest of her life with that nightmare? for the sake of so called 'wont do any good to our country'?
No she shouldnt. But can you do something about it? When you come from a country where the government doenst give a damn about you and you work in a country which suppresses women and regarded by Amnesty International as one of the worst human rights violators, then my friend, your chance of getting justice is very slim.

Once again there isnt justice in everything. A hard but real fact to digest.