View Single Post
Old January 27, 2005, 03:17 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Quote:
Originally posted by shujan
I can bet if India wants him which I think they will, He is going. Bangladesh offered him nothing. Bangladesh is destroying his reputation that he earned with Srilanka.
.. maan! u r in huge PANIC! :P

Relax!
Just a few of my observations against this news:

#If Whatmore wants to leave, he will not be playing any hide and seek. And according to Whatmore himself.. he is currently only looking at taking BD to the 2007 WC.

#As I have seen, Whatmore is the kind of coach who likes challenges... and where else can he really find it than BD? Taking the challenge of putting BD to a higher level of cricket is the 'Most challenging' job in the market now.. I don't think he will miss out on that! and as our fellow frnd DJ mentioned here: "Coaching Bangladesh on the other hand is a job where there is little to lose and lot to gain."... fully agree! (And I am surely hopefull that he will succeed!)

#Finally, if whatmore leaves BD at this point.. it will only be taken as a 'Failure' assignment in his career.. no matter how much anyone wants to put the whole blame on BD alone! I don't think Whatmore will try to leave this team.. untill he puts BD to a fair level... atleast for the sake of his own reputation!

The rest is on Dav himself... but I am not worried!

Edited on, January 27, 2005, 8:24 AM GMT, by crickethorizon.