Thread: Power of mind
View Single Post
Old April 1, 2005, 07:52 PM
Cricket Legend

I looked over the lecture again, this is what he said:

Quote:
Previously, the doctors they thought that only the brain was responsible for feeling of pain. It is now we have come to know that there are certain receptors in the skin, called as ‘pain receptors’, which are also responsible of feeling of pain. No wonder when a patient of burn injury comes to a doctor, he takes a pin and he pricks it in that area. If the patient feels pain, doctor is very happy - It means It is a superficial burn, the pain receptors are intact. If he does not feel pain, It is a deep burn, the pain receptors have been destroyed. The Qur'an says in Surah Nisa, Ch. No. 4, Verse No. 56, ‘As to those who reject our signs, We shall cast them into the hell fire, and as often as their skins are roasted, We shall give them fresh skins, so that they shall feel the pain’. Qur'an says… ‘If your skin is roasted, We shall give you fresh skin, so that you'll feel the pain’. Giving an indication… there is something in the skin which is responsible for the feeling of pain – Indication is the pain receptor. When Professor Tagada Tagashon, who is the head of the department of Anatomy, in Shangma University in Thailand - he was given the translation of this verse. And he has spent a lot of time in doing research on pain receptors, he said… ‘It is impossible that Qur'an can mention this. We discovered it recently – How is it possible?’ - He did not agree with it. Later on, after checking with the Holy Qur'an, after verifying the Holy Qur'an, he was so impressed, that in the 8th Medical Saudi Conference, in Riyadh in the Conference, he said the Shahadah … ‘La Ilaha Il Allah, Muhammadur Rasulallah’. ‘There is no God but Allah, and Prophet Muhammed is the messenger of Allah (SWT)’.
The way you put the same passage, made it look lot different, if not absurd.

PS There are lot of writing by lot of people, it's not humanly possible to remember each and everything someone said. So even if I read it, I am not bound to remember every single thing.

Edited on, April 2, 2005, 12:54 AM GMT, by nayeem007.