View Single Post
Old June 1, 2009, 02:45 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

please do not be too hard on the bowlers:

based on what i saw, the Australlian batters were really brilliant, if you were in that position, you would hav been hit for six too, they positioned themselves well for every shot! bowl it slow, bowl it fast they got it to the middle of the bat every time, and this warm up match was an indication of how both Australlia and Bangladesh are well-prepared to contend for the real deal!

i am not writing off rubel based on just this performance!

and let's look on the bright side, lower order batting (so called mistake) of not promoting naeem up the order had we not done that today, we would have done that agaisnt India and probably would cost us the game then, so we learn now better than never!

yesterday's game: i would give Bangladesh a 9.2 out of 10! yes, there were dropped catches, sometimes a bit too predicatable in bowling... and in a lightning batting pitch like this was a good wake up call for Bangldeshi bowling to reprioritize our strategy in the sense that each bowler has to be a thinking cricketer on how to bowl in 20/20 cricket...musch needed variation helps...the key is to bowl what the batsmen doesn't expect!