View Single Post
Old January 5, 2010, 04:14 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

Quote:
Originally Posted by bujhee kom
Dear bhais, please don't misunderstand our asddsa bhai, I know where he is coming from. Also asddsa bhai, please don't misunderstand some of them crowds showing Indian support/cheer through body paint, flags etc. As some of the bros explained here already, I will also reiterate the fact that there is good substantial number of Indian (more) and Pakistani and a small number of SriLankan citizens living and working in Dhaka, BD, throughout the business industry, Import-export sector etc. My parents often had Indian tenants and some of my relatives who has big (not so big, in their context) business in Dhaka have a decent number of Indian employees/staffs (accounting, billing, admin. etc.). And these Indians have a lot of Bangladeshi friends/colleagues who will go to the stadium and show their support for their friend's team in cricket! that's all...after all at the end of the day, under all the body paints and fabrics of flags, we are simply human and nothing but human!

Also I think some BD supporters might have supported India since BD lost to SL, thus they wanted to send the winning vibe to India probably to stabilize the tourny with the hope that then BD would have a chance to be in the play, after all we, BD are the weakest team among the 3 here!

Man it feels very lonely, very empty, vacuum and extremely sad like feeling when I see my Bangladesh lose, but after the game, the next day when my Bangladesh is out of the equation, I will go with my fellow Indian, Pakistani, Sri Lankan cousins/friends back to the stadium to watch their team playing against another team, maybe with some of their color on and roudy smile and even though they just beat us BD yesterday. At the end of the day we are all human and boy,we love that cricket.

P.S. Also a flight or bus ride from Calcutta Dhaka is relatively cheap and quick, it is indeed very very good for our economy that foreign supporters travel to our Bangladesh and spend the money in BD even if their country is our rival at the field.
sorry can't agree. doesn't matter how bigger friend the other guy is, i will never paint their coutrys flag on me... I know at least all my friends will not or may be at least most of them will not
3. Rubel Hossain: Corey J A bowled; BB McCullum caught; JDS Neesham caught
Taijul Islam: T Panyangara bowled; J Nyumbu lbw; TL Chatara bowled
Taskin Ahmed: DAS Gunaratne c Soumya; Lakmal c fiz; Pradeep bowled