View Single Post
Old June 28, 2008, 05:23 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Sakib,Mash and Tamim
Default Team peformance is key

Criticism is part of every day life and pundits will criticise teams, and for this case Bangladesh but now I want to give my honest opinions of the current Bangladesh era.

BOWLING: For international level it has declined dramatically since the cricket world cup and the bottom line is JS is really a batting coach. Only Razzak gave a terrific performance against UAE and against India no-one shined enormously. Oh yeah replacing Mahmud is a must and also Riyad who isn't there yet.What the hell happened to Mashrafee? We desperately are missing Rasel and Sakib.
SOLUTION:Hire a bowling coach(Simple as, cos if we can afford a strength coach the nwe should afford bowling coach eh)

FIELDING: One word 'erratic'. Need I say more?
SOLUTION;Practice,pratice and practice and my advice to Reza and Riyad 'keep ur eyes on the ball'.

BATTING; Well, it has improved slightly hasn't it because consistently we have been scoring 210+ but as a team we aren't clicking yet. The top order are most unimpressive especially Nazim. No, sorry Tamim has been doing quite well but people like Ashraful and Nazim are not scoring 50 consistently. I was rather surprised by the lower order batsmen who have scored similar or even more than the top order! Also Well done Kapali, keep it up and I hope his confidence takes him to a new height.
SOLTION; Bring in Aftab for straight swap with Nazim and Sakib instead of Mahmud. Aftab works well with Ashraful and tamim so as a result the team would improve too. I like his aggressive style. Finally carry on pratcing in nets just like Chanderpaul said and also practice in faster pitches.