View Single Post
Old January 24, 2012, 08:27 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mahmudullah Riyad

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuadomar
Do you know how much the ticket price of last BPL was?
The matches you are referring to werent BPL . They were not franchise based and nothing as compared to the BPL . They werent even televised IIRC . This is a full pledged T20 Tournament with everything IPL style with crazy money involved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuadomar
Now, let's come to the pricing of international match. How much is the usual price. Let me recall price of Australia vs. Bangladesh series held in couple of months earlier. The price was something like:
You cant compare international macthes to league matches . Gate/ticket Money for international matches goes to BCB , If I am not mistaken . Whereas for the BPL , it goes to the franhise owners . A good example would be , watching England play Brazil at wembely would cost me 25 pounds, where watching Chelsea playing bottom placed Balckburn rovers would cost me 50 pounds at Stamford bridge.

Pulling crowd in Bangladesh is easy . I remember a couple of years back , there was a match between Uganda U19 Team and Nepal U19 and it was house full . It was free but that tells you how passionate people are about the game . 500 taka for two matches and some live music is not pricey IMHO.