Thread: Financial News
View Single Post
Old March 16, 2020, 11:22 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib, Amla

It's been a bloodbath and it will likely get worse before it gets better. But let's be objective here. Most ppl invest via 401K and receive 50-100% matching contributions from their companies, for up to 5-6% percent of their salary. Some receive company stocks at discounted prices. Also you gain tax benefits by investing. Taking these factors into account chances are you're still up a LOT since you started investing. If you are down, then most likely you are still pretty young and have a lot of time ahead of you to catch up. So it might be worth having a positive mindset and identifying some good opportunities before the tide turns.

I prefer investing in tech stocks as I'm in that field and they're easier for me to understand. Good companies with strong balance sheet that invest in sectors like AI and Cybersecurity will do well once the recession is over. Biotech is probably the most risky sector and usually I stay away from it. However, two stocks that popped today and caught my attention are MRNA and BNTX.

MRNA is set to start clinical human trial of coronavirus vaccine in the US. BNTX is partnering up with a China based company that will help expedite Clinical trials in China. Any thoughts on these two companies or any other coronavirus vaccine related stocks?