View Single Post
Old September 12, 2006, 02:02 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mominul

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudro
No, not at all. You may not have noticed that the' virtually full strength ZIMBOs' had suffered a humilliating clean sweep against the Australian academy side. Now how do you feel about BD's surrender to such a side?
Well...that's the point mate.The thing which hurts is not our lack of talents, it's our lack of Professionalism.Even if full strength Zimbo was blasted by Australian academy, they came victorious against us by showing full Professionalism.Putting BD against an Aus Academy won't bring very convincing result too I daresay, at least not yet.

Zim was ahead of us in ranking and when the game against their immidiate lower rank team came, they played professionally and came out victorious.See, Zim has been out there before us and even though almost all of their star players have departed they are still performing good against BD.BD is improving too, but we are yet to reach that level where our players can convert the talents into performance when the situation demands.Taylor played the innings when the team needed it most from him.Give the same responsibility to our Ash or Aftab, they are failing straightway.Either we want to agree or not, we haven't yet reached that level.It will take loads of work and of course loads of support from the fan like us.We are hurt for sure, but lets see it this way - this was because we expected our team to improve very fast.Wins against Kenya showed that we have certainly improved but not as much as we are thinking or hoping from the team.For me the positive thing from Zim series is that - it showed me where to limit my expectation and how to keep a balance between our true improvement and hope.