View Single Post
Old February 20, 2012, 02:42 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC Design Team

Favorite Player: Shahriar Biddyut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navo
People used to say the same thing about sledging. Sledging is still a questionable part of the game but it persists nonetheless. If the match referee or the umpires didn't make a big deal out of it, then why are we?
Sledging and kicking a player are two completely different things. You can sledge to your heart's content and do it well within the spirit of the game. You can sledge without directly involving the batsmen in a banter, and there's nothing wrong with that - tests the batsmen's mental strength - which i am sure most of us would agree to be a vital component of the game. On the other hand, I don't know how you can justify a kick - regardless of what/why/how it was done.

Shakib is known to have discipline issues off the field, and if he can keep it off the field, I could care less about it. But the moment you bring it on the field, thats when its a problem. There's a fine line between showing passion and being an indisciplined arrogant, and nobody wants to see your star player cross that line. Kicking a player on the field is not the right message to give to all those who look up to him.