View Single Post
Old June 8, 2006, 10:57 PM
Cricket Legend

Angry Interesting facts in this WC:

Serbia and montenigro is playing in WC for the first and last time.

Of the former Ugoslavian teams,Croatia plays under the name Croatia and Serbia and Montenigro played with name Ugoslavia upto 2003,they changed their name and is in this WC,but it is the last WC you can see a Serbia and Montenigro team play,Last month,Montenigro passed a refferendum in favor of Seperation,so soon there will be two teams.

Checkoslovakia

Another state like Ugoslavia which Broke.And both of the teams originated from that are playing.

and

Its a time to make friends
We all know this-The German team is playing in this WC as a united team,but in 1974,they played as rivals.

Deco and Mesi

Deco was born in Brazil and actually tried to play for them,but when it became clear that he would not get a chance,He changed Nationality.
On the other hand,Mesi was born in Argentina but grew in Spain,but wen he was called for the Spanish youth team,he rejected and went to His homeland instead.

And,I'm pretty sure 90% of You didnt know this-

Ronaldo the Asis Moraira
You know the wizard,dont you?But you dont know how he became Ronaldinho.His real name is Ronaldo,so when he came to play for Brazil,His teammates Started to call him Choto Ronaldo,Much Like our Enamul Zr.
And I'm Pretty sure you guessed what that sounds in portugese.

Here are all what I could think of,can you dig out some more for us?