View Single Post
Old May 4, 2007, 08:49 AM
Cricket Sage

Thank you Billah, Orpheus, ammark & Pundit. You all gave very valuable advise to think about.

Just to clear up about my VZ purchase. Actually I bought some last year (believing in their FIOS strategy) as a long term investment. I was planning to buy some more over the period, but never did. As Orpheus pointed it out, its a bluechip stock with supposedly less volatility and not your typical short term volatile stock. This 4% dividend is just a breathing room if stock doesn't goe nowhere. But suddenly the stock jumped and that started my delima: Should I chicken out and get the profit or stay in my course.

Now with MSFT and YAHOO stuff, I guess I will stay a little bit more and then when/if it crosses 42 , I will put a stop-loss @ 42 (kind was what Billah suggested). The total quantity of my stock is not huge, therefore I kind of resisting selling half. Either I will sell all, or keep the all.

I may buy back again if it goes back to 38 or less. Or I can by AT&T or Comcast if the the price is right.

To Pundit & Co,. Why don't you guys share your stock picks with us? People should use that knowledge at their own risks and judgement, so I hoipe no one will blame you guys.