View Single Post
Old February 22, 2012, 06:00 AM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: Too many to name.

Don't look for unbiased publishing of comments on the Cricinfo website. Indian posters get away with murder whilst almost all comments that are in any way critical of the IPL, BCCI, Indian fans or players seem to vanish into some hidden corner of cyberspace. It used to annoy me but these days I really find it most amusing that they are so afraid of free speech. They say empty vessels make the most sound and similarly most of the really obnoxious Indian fanboys are really very insecure. I should stress that not all Indian cricket fans are like this but the sensible ones seem to be vastly outnumbered by the rude kids that are apparently representative of 'New India'.

@Zeeshan-Don't be a sook mate (even in jest), I don't believe that's the case. I think most thoughtful Aussie cricketers and fans are likely to be supportive of BD, especially given the amount of bad vibes thrown at you from Indian fans, which we would regard as bully boy tactics. In Aussie culture you don't kick a guy while he is down and if Indian fans want to pick a fight with someone they should try us and leave BD alone.

Finally, as much as I support BD cricket no-one is going to roll over and lose to you because they feel sorry for you, least of all us. You will have to seize those victories from the clutches of your opponent. Nothing feels better than something you have had to fight hard for, something that you know you've earned from hard work and sacrifice. Keep working hard and it will come.