View Single Post
Old August 27, 2014, 08:54 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

Gopal, dost, plants and botanic are extremely region based, geographically dependent, and growth depends on primarily climate type, soil condition, intensity of light or light condition, moisture content in air and soil, presence of acid, alkalinity etc. Colonial English often collected and catalogued plants and transported they don't survive dost, cannabis sativa might do well in an avg back yard in Seattle but it may not fruit (bud) or flower in the saline soil of Khulna. Seventeenth century thru 20th century (upper part), a lot of plants species got translated into English, German and Latin, that were NOT from the west, because they were transported to the west and they survived and thrived and accumulated but most do not. And if the common folks of the native land of the "transporter" of the species are not or would not be interested in the plant because they could not see it, know of it or could not afford to have it, it remained un-translated, or even un-known. By the way, Rokto Korobi is known as Calotropis gigantea or the common name as "Red Oleanders" I think of the Apocynaceae family. Plants are very good, they are strong, and been around for millions and genuinely mysterious! me amore la plantas. Mui beuno thread~! I called the Calif Giant Sequa Monday, busy tone, no reply, I had a crisis on Friday! This is a very intoxicating topic and appropriately intoxicating moment, mistakes can ride the train for free tonight!