View Single Post
Old April 21, 2013, 07:43 AM
Administrator

^ No issues HerwWeGo - BC is our own version of TripAdvisor.

UPDATE

We tried to work out different itineraries - parts of France or Germany or Italy, we decided to keep it simple this trip. We will do the more intensive regional trips later; Europe isn't going away anytime soon. Plus we had to accommodate the wishes of the teenage daughter who really wanted to hit London. She was too young to remember the last time we were there. I also have a sneaky suspicion that she secretly is hoping to run into 1D in London. Now - if any BC member can make it happen for my daughter, I will owe you.

I had alnmmost worked out a nice France in 2 weeks itinerary - AMS->Paris and then a few days in Brittany via Loire valley, then south to Bordeaux and the Dordognes and ending up in Provence (Avgnon, Marseilles, Nice, maybe Monaco etc) before heading back. While it looked good on paper - the time spent in each place was not going to be sufficient to enjoy each region.

Neither my wife nor I are Box checker travellers. We do not have to see every 'tourist' marker in each place and we prefer something more historical, cultural and culinary. If we like a place we might stay longer. If we don't, out we go.

Anyway - cutting a long story short and referring back to the daughter, we decided to do a 'publishers' tour. You know - in the 'olden' days, you would see in books the name of the publisher followed by names of their key cities and they usually happened to be NY, London, Paris and Amsterdam or a combination of the above. Yes, we gave up on rest of France and decided to stick to the large cities in 2 weeks.

From JFK (Hence NY) we will land in Schiphol (your Amsterdam). We will then take the Thalys train to Paris the same day. 5 days there and we take the chunnel train to London. 5 days in London and then we head back to Amsterdam via Eurostar (the overnight ferry) to give us another flavor of travel. And back to JFK and recover for work.

Miraz - so I am now changing my answer to your question. We will be in London and I will share my dates and locations with you once plans are firmed up. We have all the transportation booked and are now in the process of locking down lodging.