View Single Post
Old July 10, 2006, 12:59 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
i think chinaman, tehsin, and others are automatically [and falsely] attributing importance to shafin's posts.

shafin is not, at least from my understanding of this thread, making his imaan contingent on which celebrity also follows islam. in that case, chinaman is absolutely correct - there is a MASSIVE problem with that picture. however, i believe that that is NOT the case.

today, i feel that it is quite important, that celebrity muslims get publicized. this lends islam a 'normal' face. although we may be muslim, and not the kind that you see on the news 24/7, the majority of non-muslims will attribute islam to genocidal mania. they have no reason not to.

with celebrity muslims, you are able to show the human side of islam...the everyday side of islam. dave chappelle is muslim, so you can say "see muslims smoke weed and can make lewd jokes too...a muslim isn't exclusively a fanatic"

now i am not condoning drug use and lewdness, but i am attempting to make my point.

and if all else fails to convince the prophet (saw) used to pray "oh allah, guide amongst the disbelievers whoever you like more from abu jahl and umar"

in other words, the prophet recognized that abu jahl and/or umar's celebrity status would lend EARTHLY credibility to islam. key word, earthly.
once again why would they care about what they think, when their john major said as a green signal to slobodan milosevic by saying "we want no more Muslim countries in Europe", I wonder what would happen if Marshall Tito was there. My point being when they themselves are genocidal gayniac, why care about their opinions, if they think they can get away with it they will commit crimes.

rather it should be what do we think about ourselves, and how are we going to live? to live as true Muslims or denounce our faith altogether and atleast show the grace of not being munafic? how should we fight the corruption and crimes which so much is in the vein of our system? how are we going to know about the fundamentals of Islam instead of calling ourselves Muslim just to make a label out of it???