View Single Post
Old July 5, 2010, 11:56 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Curtly Ambrose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashraf-FTP
Muller will be a big miss. That yellow card was undeserved. The refeeres have been very random in this tournament. But still I think Trochowski or Cacau will come in. None of them are as versatile as Muller but still they can do the job. I am just hoping it wont affect the team psychologically.

Torres shouldnt be playing. They should be playing with one forward, Villa. Fabregas, Xavi and Iniesta should play as attacking midfielders. They arent being able to score enough because they cant really press teams and get the ball inside the penalty area. They are just shooting from edges of the area. Also there are not enough long shots being taken by Alonso and others. The opposing keepers face no pressure.
agree with german part.

for spain ... like argentina they have quick players, skillful players but they dont play high tempo, except for ramos and capdevila some time. all others xavi, alonso, iniesta, busquets and villa, when receives the ball holds the ball for long time, tries to dribble too much, this allows opposition defence to get in shape and opposition midfielders to close down quickly. fabregas can actually increase the tempo. he is a player who will intiate a more like pass and move kind of game. as he likes to play quick one-twos and move into the box. with alonso and xavi who can sit deep i dont think the necessity of busquets. easily fabregas should play over him. busquets isnt doing the nasty tackles so why him. and about torress ?? spain always have been successful previously with torres villa partnership. torres upfront as target man and villa behind him. villa sometimes find it a bit tough playing alone upfront. looks like del bosque is not brave enough or confident enough to replace torres for pedro or llorente. torres has been out for three months for injury and surely out of form and fitness and low in confidence. del bosque is hoping torres may get back to form but not working.